Thursday 25 August 2011

Lover of my soul

I saw Him that afternoon and I knew…He was the Lover of my soul. No one told me; I just knew it. His lofty figure and generous smile captivated my heart. And I desired to know Him. He was called…Man.

It was early in the morning when I approached Him and told Him the story of my life. His transparent eyes penetrated my senses and I knew that I would never forget His story either.

At His side, I learned the greatest truths and to His loving hand I hold onto forever. I will never again feel alone and to be by His side is my only desire.

Compassionate Eyes

His compassionate eyes sense danger and I pay attention to every word of advice He gives me. Tenderness flows out of His mouth. I can’t imagine my life without Him!  After looking for Him for so long, how could I ever let Him go?  His never-ending love has pierced my heart and I can never again feel despair. His love will follow me all of the days of my life.

Honesty adorns His chest and wisdom crowns His head. His feet are swift for the race and His hands overflow with kindness. I lack nothing when I’m at His side!

At night, I lie down and peacefully drift to sleep because He watches over me. He is the Defender of my life and the One that has restored it. He is the King of the universe and His greatness endures forever.

I saw Him that afternoon and I knew…He was the Lover of my soul. His name is Jesus.

“…I held him and would not let him go…” (Song of Solomon 3:4)



I saw this devotional and I loved it....I think I'm turning into a romantic! :O

No comments:

Post a Comment