Friday 18 March 2011

CASHEW FRUIT??!!!!

That's right folks! Cashew has a fruit! The first time I saw/touched it I was so freaked out I screamed! Wat?! No-one could tell me what it was and it felt soft and disgusting-the smell-terrible! I thought it was some kind of bird claw-lol!The girls tried all they could to make the juice taste good but I'm sensitive to smells so there was no way I was going to try it! ....and they still didn't know what it was. Entonces! .However, one of the teachers cooked up the flesh and was walking around the teacher's lounge parading it! It looked and tasted good! Obviously I thought to myself "I must try this!" I then went out and bought some-and to be honest the smell of feel didn't bother me this time-lol!
 The fruit in the bandera-this is a funny word (it means both package and flag!) It looks harm-less here until you touch and smell it lol!

 Up close! It really does look like a a bird claw!

 So this is the whole operation: cut the fruit into chunks, blend it with water, strain to get the juice (haven't gotten around to drinking that yet-1 week later!) and dump the trash into the green thing.

 The fruit pulp. Still not bothered by the sent surprisingly!

 After you separate the claw (lol!) apparently you can dig into here to get the actual nut (haven't gotten around to that yet either-will update later!)
The most exciting part! Sweet pepper, onion, and tomatoes fried together then add the pulp. 

 After adding some more seasoning like salt etc. I got Em to taste it....she looks kinda scared! She's a brave girl! She's got her cowgirl hat on!

 Chewing...

 Not bad! That's the second spoonful! We have a winner! And I didn't even taste YAY!

 The finished result!!!

Que Rico!

No comments:

Post a Comment